With a 60+ year history of stable, safe, and profitable work in Michigan C.A. Hull, bridge and heavy/highway contractor, has built a reputation as a leading employer in the construction industry. Located in Walled Lake, MI, C.A. Hull is looking for an aspiring Construction Intern to join us for a summer 2022 internship.
C.A. Hull Co., Inc. looking for Construction Intern to join us for a summer 2022 internship. Applicants for this position should be of freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or recent alumnus standing and working towards or recently completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering. Related degrees will be considered. The Company is specifically targeting students or graduates that have a long term goal of being on the contractor side of the business, versus the design or consulting side.
This position will give someone with interest in the construction industry an opportunity to gain hands-on experience both in the office and the field. Construction Interns could be assigned to work with a variety of departments within the Company, including Operations, Safety, or Equipment. This position could also eventually turn into a co-op or full-time, permanent position, depending upon the intern’s success with the company and in the position.
Qualities of a Successful Construction Intern Include:
1. Flexibility and willingness to work in any conditions and on a variety of construction projects
2. Desire to gain hands-on experience and potentially grow with a stable company
3. Progression toward or recent completion of a Bachelor's in Construction Management or Civil Engineering or related major
4. Hard-working and dependable
5. Ability to be analytical and handle details with blueprints and specs
6. Love of the outdoors and being in the thick of the construction activity, with the ability to occasionally work odd hours
7. Ability to problem solve and communicate effectively
The Recruiting Process
The recruitment process will include a phone screen, one interview, a background check, and a drug screen.
C.A. Hull is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Your application was submitted successfully.